Ginger Pineapple Acai Smoothie
by Certified Natural Chef Shari Becht
- 10-12 oz water
- 1 Sambazon Açai (pure unsweeened) frozen smoothie pack
- 1 rounded tsp minced ginger (I love the pre-minced jarred one from The Ginger People)
- 1/2 peeled cucumber, cut into big chunks
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 scoop raw sprouted grain protein powder
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- juice of 1/4 lemon (optional)
Place all of your ingredients in your blender:
Blend until everything is smooth!
Pour, garnish and enjoy!
It may not be the most beautiful color, but the flavor was wonderful!
Here are some of the health benefits of this smoothie:
- GINGER is a warming food, which is handy to add to a very cooling drink like this, especially in winter months. It is beneficial for good digestion and has strong anti-inflammatory properties.
- PINEAPPLE is a great food to add to your post-workout smoothies. One, because it is a high-glycemic fruit which is helpful in getting fuel quickly to your muscles to replenish glycogen stores after a workout but also because it contains BROMELAIN, which is a natural anti-inflammatory to help speed recovery and reduce soreness.
- The SPINACH and CUCUMBER are green foods which are highly alkalizing and assist in maintaining alkalinity in the blood. CUCUMBER promotes healthy connective tissue (and isn’t that part of why we exercise our bodies?) and is extremely hydrating.
And for those of you who like to know the calorie/macronutrient breakdown, it’s really balanced:
Are you guys still drinking your green smoothies? What fun things have you been adding to yours?
– Shari B. =)