I LOVE tabouleh (or tabouli if that’s how you prefer to spell it). I love it made using couscous as the base or quinoa as the base or bulgur or chickpeas… you name it. So it occurred to me that I should just put the flavors I love from tabouleh into a salad dressing and then I can just drizzle it over EVERYTHING (read: leafy greens).
As written this will yield just under 1/2 cup. Add more or less of any of these ingredients to adjust to your own taste. I like the tang of lemon so it’s in equal parts with the olive oil.
- 1 cup parsley tops
- 1/3 cup mint leaves (from about 4 small sprigs)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or other favorite cold-pressed oil, like hemp)
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 2 small lemons depending on their size and juiciness)
- 1/2 clove of garlic, minced or pressed (if you like garlic, go for the whole clove!)
- sea salt and pepper to taste – start with 1/4 tsp of each and adjust as you like
Place all ingredients into a small blender or Magic Bullet and blend until smooth. Store in a glass jar. I use it fairly quickly anyway, but I’d say definitely try to use it up within 3-5 days.
The advantages to this dressing are that you can use a good amount on your salad if you so desire. Plus you are basically adding more greens to your greens! It doesn’t get much healthier than that!
To add some extra Middle Eastern flair, heat a Falafel Sunshine Burger to crumble over a salad or into your wrap.
– Shari B. =)